Q. How can red spots on the head of my penis be treated?

Answered by Dr. Ashwini V Swamy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Glans Discoloration or Itching Inside Penis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How can red spots on the head of my penis be treated?

The head of my penis is itchy and there are few red spots in certain areas on the head. This has been happening for the past week or so. I have stopped applying soap to the area and I wash it with lukewarm water twice a day and apply Candid-B thereafter. The itchiness went away after three to four days but as I stopped doing that, the itching has been back.

Initially, I had some pain while retracting my foreskin and my foreskin was kind of swollen but there was no pain and swelling. At times, I find a white substance around the foreskin when I try to retract it. Should I continue applying Candid-B for few more days? And what other precautions should I take so that it does not happen in the future?