Q. What causes testicles to turn dark?

Dr. Shweta Dhawan

Please evaluate the darkness of the testicles. They are getting darker and I am a caucasian, so it is not my skin color. I provided one picture that is more of a wide shot where you can see the contrast of my lighter skin on my stomach. I have attached four different pictures. Please help.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the differentiation is quite clear. You need to work up for your treatment as with age it can progress, few autoimmune conditions needs to be identified as it can also affect your immune system which can later lead on to visual disturbance as well as hearing problems.

Also start avoiding direct contact with sunlight to your skin, for instance sunbathing, etc. Serum vitamin D needs to be evaluated as well, and start taking its supplement as well, it helps in decreasing hypopigmentation. For extreme dark areas, hyaluronic acid-based ointments are well used. It also helps in the development of new skin. Skin related problems take time for treatment so go slow and take care of your health and diet.

Do the following investigations:

1. Serum vitamin D

2. Fasting blood sugar

3. Thyroid profile.

Review back with results.

|