Q. After laser treatment of penile papules, my penis has become dark. Is it normal?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

I am 24 years old. I had pearly papules on my glans penis a long time ago. I got them removed three months ago by a dermatologist with CO2 laser. Now, bottom of the glans penis is very dark purple in color. I have tried to put some gels on it, but had no success with that. I will attach the picture of my glans. Is this normal? Please tell me your professional opinion.

#

I have gone through the attached picture and provided details (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I feel the discoloration at glans is completely normal and there is no problem with it either in the near future or distant future other than a cosmetic concern.
  • In fact, it is possible that this is a healed scar of the papules that you had long time ago or some medication side effect.
  • There is a high possibility that it may stay for longer duration. So, it is important to reduce your worries about it.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|