Q. After laser treatment of penile papules, my penis has become dark. Is it normal?

Published on Sep 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

I am 24 years old. I had pearly papules on my glans penis a long time ago. I got them removed three months ago by a dermatologist with CO2 laser. Now, bottom of the glans penis is very dark purple in color. I have tried to put some gels on it, but had no success with that. I will attach the picture of my glans. Is this normal? Please tell me your professional opinion.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I have gone through the attached picture and provided details (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I feel the discoloration at glans is completely normal and there is no problem with it either in the near future or distant future other than a cosmetic concern.
  • In fact, it is possible that this is a healed scar of the papules that you had long time ago or some medication side effect.
  • There is a high possibility that it may stay for longer duration. So, it is important to reduce your worries about it.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Is hirsuties coronae glandis a contagious one?

Query: Hi doctor, There are a few little things around my glans. I think I have hirsuties coronae glandis. What can I do about it? Is it contagious? Please explain.  Read Full »

There are white spots on the inner part of the penis. Is it penile papules?

Query: Hello doctor,I have noticed there is some pimple like structures on my scrotum skin. Is it warts? I do not have sexual relation with anyone till now. My father is suffering from eczema. Is it due to that? And also, I am seeing white spots on the inner part of the penis. Is it penile papules? Please ...  Read Full »