Clarithromycin

Will Pylokit intake cause globus sensation, burping and uneasiness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have GERD for the last three months. I consulted a gastroenterologist, general physician, and ENT specialist. In the beginning, I thought it to be mild acidity and took Ulgel syrup, Pantop and other general drugs. Then I got done with endoscopy in which I had H.pylori positive. My ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I did not see your endoscopy report. The only document you uploaded is of your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly upload it again. Well, it brings no surprise to me listening that part of your symptoms has occurred secondary to th...  Read Full »

What causes fleshy growth over the appendicectomy stitches?

Query: Hi doctor, Four years ago, I had an appendicitis surgery. There is a flesh like growth where the stitches are placed. What should I do now? How to get it removed?  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fleshy lumps you are feeling in the incision area are granulomas due to the body reaction against the material of the stitches. Sometimes, they go away using anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics. So, I would suggest Clarithromycin and Ibuprofen twice daily for 10 d...  Read Full »

Why am I coughing up green phlegm?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been coughing up green phlegm for a few days. Now, it started to hurt my chest. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand very well the symptoms you describe above in your query. Productive cough, especially when mucus turns gray, yellow or brown indicates a bacterial infection of your respiratory tract. In too many cases, high temperature is also found. You have chest pain too...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to manage H.pylori infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I have been experiencing a wide range of symptoms for nearly a year. It all started in the last summer. I started to experience constant vomiting after eating, bloating and weight loss. Then, I was diagnosed with a Dientamoeba fragilis infection and given a cours...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms can be explained by Helicobacter pylori easily. H.pylori infects the lining of the stomach, causes increased acid production and (gastroesophageal reflux disease) GERD  as one of the main symptoms. It is a pretty common disease worldwide and is...  Read Full »

What is the prognosis of pneumonia in a 3-year-old kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3-year-old daughter was diagnosed with pneumonia eight days ago (examination and x-ray). She was put on Amoxicillin (six more days) and Klacid (supply finished today). Although she is tired during the day and breathless trying to climb out stairs, she is lots better. In the last day...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description, the child seems better but since the child has gone through so many problems the recovery may be prolonged. What you are explaining does not exactly fit the picture of a recovery as the child is breathless and a new rash has developed. The rash ...  Read Full »

Why am I having cough for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a query and need your guidance and help. I am 26 years old, male. As winters are very cold in my area, I cought cold as I was riding my bike with no proper protection from winter. I started coughing that night but I did not care it how ever increased I ate curd and smoked cigar...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to change the medicines you are on slightly. First, instead of Montek LC take Allergra M in the morning. Take it once a day only. Take Alex lozenges whenever you feel cough sensation. The lozenges have to be sucked and not swallowed. Take Cherikoff LS sy...  Read Full »

How to clean tonsils with Waterpik?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having an issue with one of my tonsils (or around one of my tonsils). I have dealt with tonsil stones for years, and have typically used my finger or Waterpik to remove them. Last Saturday, I discovered some tonsil stones and used my finger to remove them. Upon not getting everything...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read every detail you wrote. I must commend you for the detailed and chronological description of your problem. Like you predicted, it does not appear like stones. It is infected tons...  Read Full »

Why do I have a bloody spot near the back of my throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having some issues with my throat from the past couple of months. I feel a tightness in the neck. I do not have a runny nose, but I have post-nasal drip and lots of phlegm or mucus in the mornings. I feel like I need to clear my throat a lot. The symptoms seemed to go away fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see inflamed and enlarged tonsils with a congested posterior pharyngeal wall (back of the throat). A post-nasal drip running for a couple of months suggests some sinonasal inflammation as...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for granulomatous mastitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I had an excisional biopsy of a lump just below my left breast last week. My biopsy report states that I have granulomatous mastitis. My surgeon has put me on an antibiotic called Claribid for three weeks. Please advice on the course of treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I concur with your surgeon's advice in principle. Though to be accurate and specific, I would like to go over your biopsy report, medical records, and surgeon's notes. So kindly follow-up with more information or continue treatment as advised by your doctor. Revert with m...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for sinusitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 69 year old male and retired internist. Other than vitamins and prostate-related herbs, I take no medication. I have no allergies and have never smoked. My past medical or surgical history is rather unremarkable. I have had several bouts of acute sinusitis in years past. Four week...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You are suffering from chronic sinusitis. And I feel this is all allergic and you do not need antibiotics. Usually an acute attack takes five days to settle down. But, if you have persisting sinusitis, you would require CT paranasal sinuses....  Read Full »