Q. Kindly advise about growth spurt and height gain in male.

Dr. Chandwadkar Ashish

I am 18 and 5'2" I think and I am a guy. When will I hit my growth spurt? My mom is 5' and my dad is 5'10". Grandmother 5'2" and grandfather 5'10".

#

Well, I think you are worried about your height. So your growth spurt or as we call puberty should have started already and your height will keep on increasing till 21 but depends on your genes too. As you said your father has a height of 5'10" you might reach a height of 5'6" (not sure though) according to the current situation and might get the height as equal to your father (again the genes). Best you can do is eat and exercise and stay healthy. Get enough nutrients through a balanced diet and exercise well. You can get a personal trainer and a dietitian too to get guidance for your growing years' diet and workouts.

|