Q. Is a surgery truly required for a gum infection?

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Published on Dec 30, 2016

For two months, I have been having a bad mouth odor. From last month, I am noticing bleeding from my gums. I had visited a dentist a few days back for these problems. In the initial checkup, he told me about the gum infection. The doctor also took an x-ray. He suggested me to undergo either a surgical or non-surgical laser treatment. Kindly, find the attachment of my x-ray. Please give your expert opinion regarding my condition. Is the surgery truly required or are there any other alternatives? Currently, I am taking ayurvedic medicine.

#

• First and foremost, get an oral prophylaxis (cleaning of the teeth) done.
  • Massage your gums with G32 tablet twice daily. Take two tablets and crush it in your palm. For the upper jaw, massage downwards and for the lower jaw massage upward. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Do the massage for 10 minutes and leave it for around 20 to 25 minutes. Then rinse your mouth nicely with water. Also, do lukewarm water saline mouth rinse.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Is laser treatment or surgery really required as one of my dentists advised? Regarding the treatment that you suggested, can I get this tablet at the pharmacy? For how long do I need to continue with this treatment?

#

• Yes, G32 tablet is available at the pharmacy. You can collect it with the help of your doctor.
  • As of now try these procedures, if it does not help then you can go for the laser treatment.
  • Usually, with the cleaning of teeth, all your dental deposits will be removed and hence, the major cause of bad breath will be eliminated.

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

What can be done for bad breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bad breath problem. I really feel a bad breath in my mouth when I wake up early in the morning.  Read Full »

Can vitamin C induce periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am approximately 95 kg weight. I am in need of emergency contraception due to failed birth control. I will be ovulating tomorrow, so I am at a high risk of unwanted pregnancy. I obtained and took a 1.5 mg dose of Levonorgestrel (Plan B pill); however I have...  Read Full »