Q. I brushed my gums too hard and now it hurts. Please help.

Dr. Asma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

I was brushing my teeth and went side-tracked and brushed my gums too hard and now my right upper gum by my right canine and first pre-molar hurts. It hurts to eat salty foods and I was eating some chips and that made it hurt too. What could this be? Is it serious?

#

You have actually traumatized your gums while brushing too hard, but do not worry since it is a minor problem. Our gums have a tendency to heal on its own, within a few days without any treatment. For faster results, you can use a mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine gluconate twice a day. This will lead to faster healing. It is nothing serious. Just be a little gentle while brushing from next time.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Will accidentally putting mascara wand in a child's mouth cause any harm?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old put my mascara wand in his mouth. His teeth and all around his mouth were black. I used a toothbrush and water to get all the black out. What else should I do? I am not sure how much he swallowed. Can it harm him?  Read Full »

Why do I have gum pain after temporary crown placement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am looking for a little advice since I cannot be seen until tomorrow by my dentist. I recently had a root canal on my bottom left tooth (last one at the back in the photo). A few weeks later, I got a temporary crown placed over it. The area beyond the tooth is inflamed and hurts badly. ...  Read Full »