Q. I brushed my gums too hard and now it hurts. Please help.

Dr. Asma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

I was brushing my teeth and went side-tracked and brushed my gums too hard and now my right upper gum by my right canine and first pre-molar hurts. It hurts to eat salty foods and I was eating some chips and that made it hurt too. What could this be? Is it serious?

#

You have actually traumatized your gums while brushing too hard, but do not worry since it is a minor problem. Our gums have a tendency to heal on its own, within a few days without any treatment. For faster results, you can use a mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine gluconate twice a day. This will lead to faster healing. It is nothing serious. Just be a little gentle while brushing from next time.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|