Q. Can gynecomastia turn into a tumor in the future?

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Vijayakumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gynecomastia or Breast Lump? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can gynecomastia turn into a tumor in the future?

Dear doctor,

I am a 25-year-old male. I am worried about my breast. When I was 10 years old, I found there are some circular discs inside both my breasts. It was untreated then as I am too young. And forgot about it. But in recent time, after 15 years, I am just worried again. The lump are in both breast and when I press over my breast, it feels circular disc-like tissue around the nipple (there is some very enlarged tissue at least 1 cm). There is no general pain but when I press hard on the enlarged tissue I feel some pain. No persistent pain. Neither discharge from nipple nor redness on both breast.