Q. I am a 26 year old male. My chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me.

Dr. Meha Malhotra
Published on Dec 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

I am a 26 year old male. From the age of 13, my chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me. I feel like, I have gynecomastia.

I feel very upset. Please help me with a cure for this.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Please do not worry. There are a lot of options for treating your problem. Check all these before you consult a doctor:

• You have to check whether there is a separate lump or general enlargement of the chest.
  • And whether the enlargement is on both the sides.
  • Check whether you have any other medical condition. A master health-check up, blood test and a lipid profile test can help you know it. This will help you identify whether you have hyperthyroidism. This may be also a reason for you condition.
  • If there is a lump, check is there any pain in the lump.
  • Check whether there is any discharge from the nipple.

After you follow the above check-list, you can consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Why do I have female breasts and desire to cross-dress?

Query: Hi doctor, My breasts are as developed as a woman. I dress in a nightie and often strangers address me by madam, which I enjoy. I do not have other feelings. Am I normal?  Read Full >>

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you concern. You are definitely normal. But, you have a behavior disorder. Can call it with fantasy impulse disorder. You need psychotherapy treatment. You are suppose to lessen your breast size by doing specific exercises. Make that area muscular and s...  Read Full

Suffering from subclinical hyperthyroidism with anxiety and palpitations.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my 15 year old daughter. Her symptoms have developed most significantly over the past few months, and include depression, weakness, constant light-headedness, shortness of breath (even when sitting still), difficulty taking a deep breath (ca...  Read Full >>

Dr. Minal Mohit Vohra
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, It is really sad to know about your daughter. 1. As a matter of fact your daughter seems to have acute thyroiditis. Though the thyroid profile has not shown full blown thyrotoxic state, she has subclinical hyperthyroidism with TSH being suppressed. Since how long has she been like this? Thyroidi...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now