Nipple Changes

Why do I have a small lump beneath my nipple?

Query: Hi im a 13 year old boy. I have recently noticed a small lump beneath my nipple and was wondering if this is normal? The lump is not too hard but not soft and the same time. Kind of rubbery. I haven’t noticed any other changes so far.   Read Full »

Dr. Gerardo David

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Good Day, I am Dr. David. Since when did you exactly notice the lump? Did it grow in size since then. Any change of color on the skin over the lump? Did you notice dimpling of the skin over it? And is it painful when you touch it? I would also like to know if you have relatives that also had this?...  Read Full »

I have cracked nipples that have failed to heal and I am not able to nurse my baby. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have cracked nipples that have failed to heal for the past five weeks. I am a nursing mother, and I am not able to feed.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please apply Purelan 100 (Lanolin) to the cracked nipples and express the milk to prevent engorgement and feed the baby that milk (store in hygienic conditions) along with some top feeds if required. Reduce the latching of the baby to enhance healing. Till you have h...  Read Full »

Why do my nipples hurt?

Query: Hello doctor, What can cause sore nipples in females?  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Soreness of nipples might be due to the following reasons: It is most common just before your menses like three to four days before the start of your menses. If you are feeding your baby, that is, during lactation, soreness of nipples might occur. If you are taking...  Read Full »

I am a 26 year old male. My chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 26 year old male. From the age of 13, my chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me. I feel like, I have gynecomastia. I feel very upset. Please help me with a cure for this.  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. There are a lot of options for treating your problem. Check all these before you consult a doctor: You have to check whether there is a separate lump or general enlargement of the chest. And whether the enlargement is on both the sides. Check whether ...  Read Full »

I have Li-Fraumeni Syndrome. Should I be concerned about this nipple pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have Li Fraumeni Syndrome which greatly increases my chances of cancer. I have regular various annual screenings. I had a breast MRI three months back and the report (which I do not have) stated that the contrast seemed to 'pool' in one place. The doctor said he was not overly conce...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paget's disease mostly involves nipple and later spread to areola, but it can also involve areola only. It is possible that areola is involved and the nipple is swollen. Many cases of Paget's disease do have lump below the nipple or some cancerous lesion. Is this les...  Read Full »

I have a sharp stabbing pain inside my breast.My mom has breast cancer.Do I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. A few days ago I noticed that my left breast was very tender. Yesterday morning I started feeling sharp stabbing pain inside my breast near the nipple every hour or so. Yesterday night I started to feel the pain 10 times worse and more frequently. I also not...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Invasive ductal carcinoma at 18 years of age is unlikely even though you have a history in family recently. The pain in the left nipple area which had a sudden onset in last few days and have been decreasing with a localised redness around nipple goes more in favour...  Read Full »

There is dryness and cracks on nipple. How to get relief?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a mother of two - 1.7 months and 4 months old. I am currently breastfeeding the younger one. I have a problem with my right breast which makes me doubt if it is something related to cancer. Nowadays it is getting really dry and there appear cracks on my nipple. I used Avalon nipple...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think it is related to anything serious issue. During breastfeeding, it is common to have nipple infection which causes cracks, pain, dryness, etc. So, it is better to avoid feeding the baby from the affected breast for three or four days and keep it clean...  Read Full »

My partner's nipples feel different. Is she pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,I had sex without protection but, I did not ejaculate inside her vagina. She had an I-pill within three hours. It has been 13 days and still, there is no bleeding. She says her nipples feel tight. So, does it mean she is pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Hope your partner did not vomit the medicines. Her periods might come on their time. If she is overdue, that is, she has missed her periods, get a beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test done to rule out pregnancy. The tightening of nipples might be due to hormonal...  Read Full »