Q. My hairs are shedding even after using Minoxidil. Why?

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

I have been using Minoxidil for about a year now and continue to shed. I now have balding patches where it was not an issue before. Ironically the thinning I had started using it for filled in. Wondering if I need to stop the use or if it is normal to experience shedding still? I use it consistently twice a day.

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Can you please upload a few pictures if possible, to advice proper treatment.

| 

I have attached the file.

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

It is Androgenetic alopecia, also called male pattern baldness. It is an aging process, not a disease. Do not worry about hair shedding it is a normal process. Continue using Minoxidil 5 % lotion 1 ml twice daily as long as possible. You can go for PRP (platelet rich plasma therapy) for better results and as add on treatment.

|