Q. Does Finasteride cause any sexual problem?

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Sah and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Finasteride or Erectile Dysfunction? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 25 years old and have male pattern baldness. I have consulted a doctor and started taking a tablet that has Finasteride in it. I take a dose of 1 mg per day. I looked up on the internet and it has side effects such as the inability to keep an erection and loss of sexual interest. Does it cause any sexual problems? Should I keep using it?