Hair Treatments

Please suggest me medications to prevent hair loss and regrow my hair.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe hair loss since the past 45 days. I am only losing my hair on the top and front part of my head and it all started like a month ago. I am not using any medications right now. Basic Details: Male, 25 years old, 5'11", 154 lbs. Please suggest me medications to p...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. However, I would need to see the images of the affected area to help you better which as to what is could be the possible cause of hair loss and advice the best treatment accordingly. Kindly send images of the scalp for the same. Thanks and...  Read Full »

Can I take Minoxidil with Eclipta Alba for alopecia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from alopecia. Can I use Tugain Foam 10 % Minoxidil hair gain treatment as well as Morpheme Bhringraja (Eclipta Alba) for hair and skin care 500 mg extract 60 Veg capsules together for the better result?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question but unable to understand what kind of alopecia are you having and how severe it is. If it is in the beginning stage, Minoxidil can reduce your hair fall. Use 5 % Minoxidil instead of 10, as 10 can be very irritating to the scalp. Eclipta alba has...  Read Full »

What is the solution for frizzy chemically treated hair with hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, My hair is breaking recently a lot on the top. It is quite embarrassing. I use sulfate free shampoo and mine is chemically treated hair. Hair is so frizzy. What is the solution?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chemical treatment is a common cause of hair brittleness as it breaks disulfide bonds that gives strength to hair. This would take some weeks time to resolve. I suggest you take an oral Biotin supplement like tablet Revilus once a day for six months. In addition, I sugg...  Read Full »

I would like to know and understand the hair transplant procedures.

Query: Hello doctor, I am considering hair transplant. I would like to know and understand the procedure. Please advise.    Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are my observations, The hair transplant surgeon removes small groups of hair follicle containing skin from areas where there is normal hair growth. These small plugs are then implanted in to the bald areas of the head where hair growth is desired. This is ...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment option for baldness?

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to go for hair transplantation. So, kindly advice me about which is the best option.  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see that you have grade 7 baldness with limited donor hair. But, you have also got small, thinned-out hair in the hair loss area. So my suggestion is as follows. Hair transplant can give you a go...  Read Full »

Do laser combs help regrow hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing hair loss problem. I have read somewhere that laser comb helps regrow hair on the scalp. Is it worth buying the laser comb? Do they actually work?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concern. There are laser combs, which claim hair regrowth. They claim to be effective in treating hair loss problem. These are low-intensity laser devices that claim to stimulate the growth of the hair follicle. There are only tw...  Read Full »