Q. I have edge to edge contact in front teeth and hairline crack in lower teeth with sensitivity. Please help.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I have my upper and lower jaw front end teeth with edge to edge contact. And I have my lower front teeth with hairline crack and I am getting sensitivity and little pain. Is it possible to keep a clip at this position? What will be the procedure and my lower premolars are bending towards tongue? Please help.

#

You need an orthodontic treatment to correct the edge to edge bite. The treatment may continue up to a year or more. The fractured tooth if reaches the pulp chamber it might need an extraction, and if not it will need root canal procedure. The extent of fracture will be determined by the x-ray.

So to answer your query, yes, it is possible to keep the clip in this position.

First, you will be provided with a bite plate for three to four months depending upon the progress. You need to visit your local dentist every month. Once the desired result is achieved, orthodontic brackets would be placed and fixed. Your lower premolar will also be corrected in this procedure. Nothing to worry about. It is a simple procedure.

| 

How to cure a thumb that is swollen after a fall?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I fell and jammed my thumb into the floor. It instantly hurt and I knew I had sprained or jammed something. The next day, my palm and the thumb muscle were swollen with a painful lump. I could not grab or hold anything, but I can move it around. So, I know it did not break. It ...  Read Full »

Do I need a root canal if there is no pain?

Query: Hello doctor,Approximately one year back, my left chewing tooth got a small hole due to something which I bit. So, that became a tooth decay, over there it looks black. I recently consulted a dentist. So, he suggested a root canal but I do not have any pain nor loose of teeth and also I am afraid of...  Read Full »

Good and Bad Regarding Orthodontic Treatment

Article Overview: Crooked teeth can be esthetically disturbing. Orthodontic treatment can make your smile beautiful. Read the article to know the pros and cons of this treatment. Read Article

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Orthodontist

An orthodontic treatment (wire braces) is a dental treatment done for a patient to get an aesthetic facial apperance while maintaining the intraoral gum health. Presently we are witnessing numerous patients who after completing the treatment complain of periodontitis (gum problem in which loosening ...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»