Q. I have pain in my fingers, palm, and wrist after working on the laptop from home. Please help.

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2021

Now, I am working from home for eight to ten hours a day. Before six days, my laptop got backed up. For the next three days, I was working with an external keyboard and mouse by sitting on the bed instead of using my table and chair. Though I had some strain and discomfort, I continued doing it. I had a sharp and dull pain in my fingers, finger joints, and wrist. On the third day, I slept after doing hot and cold fermentation. On the next day, I took complete rest. It has been three days now and still, I have dull and sharp pain here and there on my right hand. But there is no numbness or tingling sensation. Also, I have discomfort and weakness in my right hand. Please advice.

#

Please mention the exact location of pain. Please mention whether you have pain in your wrist or elbow or shoulder joint. Please mention whether you have hypothyroidism or diabetes. You have possible causes of neuropraxia, carpal tunnel syndrome, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia, viral fever with myalgia, spondylosis with radiculopathy, and pressure-induced numbness. You can take tablet Pregabalin 75 mg once a day for five days and tablet Zerodol P (Aceclofenac with Tizanidine) twice a day for three days. You need to do blood tests for evaluating serum calcium, blood sugar, thyroid profile, and nerve conduction studies. If there is no improvement in your symptoms, you can consult your physician for examination and treat them accordingly.

I have pain in my fingers, palms, wrists, elbow, and rarely on shoulders. I am not suffering from hypothyroidism or diabetes.

#

You have muscular pain due to abnormal position during work. It takes time to gets resolved. Continue taking medicines for three days. If there is no improvement, you can consult a nearby physician for examination and treat them accordingly.

|