Q. I have pain in my fingers, palm, and wrist after working on the laptop from home. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2021

Hi doctor,

Now, I am working from home for eight to ten hours a day. Before six days, my laptop got backed up. For the next three days, I was working with an external keyboard and mouse by sitting on the bed instead of using my table and chair. Though I had some strain and discomfort, I continued doing it. I had a sharp and dull pain in my fingers, finger joints, and wrist. On the third day, I slept after doing hot and cold fermentation. On the next day, I took complete rest. It has been three days now and still, I have dull and sharp pain here and there on my right hand. But there is no numbness or tingling sensation. Also, I have discomfort and weakness in my right hand. Please advice.



Welcome to

Please mention the exact location of pain. Please mention whether you have pain in your wrist or elbow or shoulder joint. Please mention whether you have hypothyroidism or diabetes. You have possible causes of neuropraxia, carpal tunnel syndrome, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia, viral fever with myalgia, spondylosis with radiculopathy, and pressure-induced numbness. You can take tablet Pregabalin 75 mg once a day for five days and tablet Zerodol P (Aceclofenac with Tizanidine) twice a day for three days. You need to do blood tests for evaluating serum calcium, blood sugar, thyroid profile, and nerve conduction studies. If there is no improvement in your symptoms, you can consult your physician for examination and treat them accordingly.

Thank you doctor,

I have pain in my fingers, palms, wrists, elbow, and rarely on shoulders. I am not suffering from hypothyroidism or diabetes.



Welcome back to

You have muscular pain due to abnormal position during work. It takes time to gets resolved. Continue taking medicines for three days. If there is no improvement, you can consult a nearby physician for examination and treat them accordingly.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
My mother is admitted with chest pain. How serious is her illness?

She is also a diabetic (150/270) and undergoing tremendous stress due to sudden personal loss ... If it is negative repeatedly, then stress test is advisable ...   Read full

Does tingling in my hands and legs mean carpal tunnel syndrome or ALS?

I had an MRI of the brain that came back normal and an EMG/NCV that showed severe carpal tunnel in both hands ...   Read full

How can I correct my eye ogling while talking to someone?

Tension or stress is different from hypertension or high blood pressure ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sexual Problems and Depression
Depression is one of the commonest psychiatric problems in the general population. About 10 % of men and more than doubl...  Read more»
Holiday Season During the Pandemic
Most of us wonder if there is a way to celebrate the holiday season during the COVID-19 pandemic safely. Here are some i...  Read more»
Skin Care Tips To Win Over Winter
This article discusses a few tips to manage and protect your skin during winter.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.