Q. As I am having a history of miscarriages, will taking hCG injections help me to continue pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Hcg Injections or Miscarriage? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My lmp was on five months ago. I was spotting for three days during my lmp and got a positive strip test after seven days. My beta hCG level on the day of a positive result was 126, and after two days, it was 125. I am being told that I will get periods in two weeks but told to continue folic acid and multivitamin and come for ultrasound in three weeks if no periods come. I have a history of miscarriages, and I am 35 years old. Can hCG injections help me or should I consult another doctor? Have I miscarried or there are still chances?