Q. Feeling dizzy after a ladder fell on my head. What to do further?

Dr. Krishnananth Pandiarajan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

A heavy ladder fell on my head. Then, dizziness occurred twice and I have some constant chest pain in the middle of the chest. Also, I am feeling chest heaviness. Please help.

#

• Falling of heavy objects over the head may lead to a spectrum of ailments ranging from simple headache and hematoma to injury to the internal brain structures.
  • You need to inspect yourself for any depressions in the scalp.
  • The symptoms suggesting any internal damage are vomiting, visual disturbances, loss of consciousness and nasal or ear bleed.
  • If you have any of these, then you need to get a plain CT scan of the head to rule out the injury. If none of these symptoms are present, then you can go for analgesics for pain relief.
  • Regarding chest pain, first I need to confirm with you whether the impact of the object was over the head or the chest region.
  • Check over your front chest, inspect each rib by gently pressing whether any pain in a particular point.
  • Also breathe gently and inspire to your full capacity and check whether you sense any aggravation of pain while inspiring.
  • If your answer is yes for the above two, then you need to get a chest x-ray PA - posteroanterior view first. If not, then you can continue with analgesics, either gels or sprays.

Fall of heavy object.

1. CT brain plain.
2. Chest x-ray PA view.

To rule out intracranial injury and intrathoracic injury.

I suggest the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
1. Tablet Dolonex (Piroxicam), one tablet in the morning and at night
2. Tablet Myospaz (Chlorzoxazone), one tablet in the morning and at night.
3. Tablet Chymoral Forte (trypsin-chymotrypsin combination), one tablet twice a day in the morning and at night.
4. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) once in the morning.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|