Q. Though I am stress-free, I am getting horrible headaches. Why?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I am almost 18 and ever since I was little I have had horrible headaches or migraines. Before, I used to get at least once in a week. If I sit in my dark closet, I feel like I am going to vomit or just bad enough. So, I do not want to get out of bed. I tried talking to my doctor about it and she shrugged it off like it was nothing. She wanted to get me out of her office as soon as she could. My family thinks it as stress. I am a senior in high school with a part time job. You may think that is what is causing it, but I am not stressed. Everything is going pretty easy, but this year my headaches are worse than they have ever been. I get pains in my neck, eyes and all over my head. I do have them every day. I just want them gone. What can I do?

#

You need to exclude the physical causes of headaches.

• You need to measure your blood pressure, as you might have irregularities of blood pressure.
  • You should get your blood sugar measured as hypoglycemia triggers migraine.
  • Also, you should note that the following may trigger migraine: Dehydration, stress, some diet as gluten if you are gluten sensitive, teeth grinding and clenching and any change of routine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

What causes hypoglycemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for...  Read Full »

How should I control my BP in winter?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. In winter, My BP increases to around 160/105 mmHg; however, in summer, it is normal at 130/90 mmHg. I do not feel any problems yet such as headache. Now, I feel some shortness of breath. How should I control my BP in winter season? I have already started taking le...  Read Full »

Can CMV or herpes infection before or after birth affect pregnancy or child?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in 36th week of pregnancy. My last ultrasound was doppler happened at 34th week 5 days. I showed the pregnancy of 32 weeks 5 days with mild IUGR. Fetal weight 1885 grams. My gynecologist advised CBC, and Torch IgM, IgG tests. In the CBC test, total leucocyte count is 13300/cumm, ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»