Q. Though I am stress-free, I am getting horrible headaches. Why?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I am almost 18 and ever since I was little I have had horrible headaches or migraines. Before, I used to get at least once in a week. If I sit in my dark closet, I feel like I am going to vomit or just bad enough. So, I do not want to get out of bed. I tried talking to my doctor about it and she shrugged it off like it was nothing. She wanted to get me out of her office as soon as she could. My family thinks it as stress. I am a senior in high school with a part time job. You may think that is what is causing it, but I am not stressed. Everything is going pretty easy, but this year my headaches are worse than they have ever been. I get pains in my neck, eyes and all over my head. I do have them every day. I just want them gone. What can I do?

#

You need to exclude the physical causes of headaches.

• You need to measure your blood pressure, as you might have irregularities of blood pressure.
  • You should get your blood sugar measured as hypoglycemia triggers migraine.
  • Also, you should note that the following may trigger migraine: Dehydration, stress, some diet as gluten if you are gluten sensitive, teeth grinding and clenching and any change of routine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|