Q. I am still tired one week after an episode of left-sided chest pain. Do I need few more tests?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S
Published on Nov 23, 2017

Last week at 4 AM, I had an ache and pain on the left side of my chest. My whole body was shivering. I waited for 30 to 40 minutes and then went to the hosptial. The doctor did a checkup and all the reports came back normal. The ache lasted the whole day and by evening the pain subsided by 70 %. But, I still feel heaviness at the same spot. Also, I feel very tired from that day. I have leg cramps and am unable to do any work. So, am I alright or need few more tests?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology
#

I  have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your ECG is not normal. There are significant Q waves in the left precordial leads and inferior leads, which can be an indicator of heart attack.
  • I suggest doing a 2D echo test to rule out heart attack. ECG (electrocardiogram) is just a baseline test of cardiology. A 2d echo should be done at the earliest.
  • Please specify your drinking and smoking habits.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old, very active, plays representative basketball and attends a sports high school. Last Sunday, he was knocked over while playing and hurt his arm. After getting up, he fainted. He was fine after that. There were no broken bones, but the medical center did an ECG, and...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ECG (electrocardiogram) is showing incomplete RBBB (right bundle branch block) or early RBBB and features of left ventricular hypertrophy, and also heart rate is on lower side nearing 60 beats per minute. But as you mentioned, he is a basketball player. So, athle...  Read Full

I have chest congestion, acid reflux, and heartburn. Is it GERD or a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, who weighs 240 lbs, and I am 5.10 feet tall. Tonight I had what I think was acid reflux or heartburn. I was not sure about it, as I have never had it. I felt like something is stuck in my throat, and also I felt a chest congestion when I tried to cough. I was...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Let go of your anxiety. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is 80 % corrected by simple diet and lifestyle modifications. So, I would suggest you try the following. Lose your weight. If your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or above, you need to lo...  Read Full

Is heart attack genetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. My father who is 65 years old has suffered from two very severe heart attacks, one recently and another two years back. His father and brother both died in their 50s from heart attacks. Is heart attack genetic? Should my son and I get tested?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, heart attack has a genetic component coupled with environmental elements like lifestyle, etc. Your chance of acquiring it depends on both of your parents. Likewise, your son acquiring it depends on you and your husband. But you are at an increased risk, so you...  Read Full