Q. I often have heartburn. What can I do?

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Published on Jun 25, 2017

I am suffering from heartburn, chest pain, nausea, and breathlessness. I got done 2D echo, ECG, vitamins D levels, endoscopy, and blood tests. All the reports are normal.

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal

Diabetology
#

There are several things you can do to prevent an episode of heartburn like:

• Avoid alcohol. Normally alcohol in moderation is well tolerated by many, but for people prone to acidity, even a small amount of alcohol can cause discomfort.
  • Avoid smoking. The nicotine in tobacco affects the opening and closing of the food pipe, allowing back flow of the stomach acid into the food pipe.
  • Eat small meals. Instead of three big meals, have five small meals every 3 to 4 hours, and eat slowly.
  • Do not sleep on a full stomach. Try to have an early dinner. Make sure there is a gap of three hours between your last meal and bed time.
  • Wear loose-fitting clothes.
  • Avoid certain known foods which cause acidity like, coffee, tea, cola, citrus fruits, oily and spicy food.
  • If your weight is high, losing a few kilos will reduce acidity too.
  • Have a gap of two hours between exercise and meals.
  • Drink at least three liters of water every day.
  • Try meditation and yoga to minimize daily stress.
  • I suggets you take tablet Rekool D once daily at 8 am.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult an internal medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot?

Query: Hello doctor, What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot? Is there any way in Siddha to change the taste of water? Because water does not taste good due to its hardness.  Read Full »

What do you think about drinking water from copper vessels?

Query: Hello doctor, I read about the ancient practice of drinking water from copper vessels. Is it really good for health? My 3 year old son has wheezing and respiratory problems. Also, once he was admitted to hospital for sepsis. He is using the Foracort inhaler twice a day and Zincovit syrup once a day....  Read Full »

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »