Q. I get red marks on my testicles when it is hot. Are they heat rashes or STD?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

I get red marks on my testicles when it is hot outside. Is it heat rash or STD? I have attached a picture of the red lesions for your better understanding.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems like you have topical steroid-induced telangiectasia or angiokeratoma. Do you have any itching or pain? Are you using any topical cream for itching over the scrotum?
  • Please get revert with answers to the asked question, because your scrotal skin seems to be thinned out and internal blood vessels can be seen. It is not an STD (sexually transmitted disease).

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am not on any topical cream. It does not hurt, but it itches sometimes. Do you think it is heat related? Should I be putting anything on it?

#

• If you are not using any steroid, then your condition can be related to heat, because heat and friction can cause that much of redness.
  • There is nothing to worry. I suggest using Itchcam lotion (Aloe vera gel, Calamine, and Paraffin), topical application twice daily and tablet Levocetirizine once daily for five days after consulting your GP or a nearby dermatologist.
  • I suggest you follow these preventive measures:
  1. Avoid tight, occlusive, and synthetic under garments and clothes.
  2. Use cotton and loose under garments.
  3. Try to aerate the genitalia when ever possible.
  4. Avoid hot and humid environment by keeping yourself in air conditioned rooms as much as you can.

|