Q. I have been on my period with heavy flow and clots for three weeks. What to do?

Dr. Bhagyarekha Yattinamani
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 16, 2020
I’ve been on my period for 3 weeks. It’s beyond heavy. I soak thru a pad and ultra tampon hourly. I am also passing golf ball size clots and massive gushes of blood! I have some cramping as well! No dr can see me for 3 weeks due to Covid and I don’t know what else to do.

Dr. Bhagyarekha Yattinamani

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

bleeding so heavily for 3weeks is really painful and tiring . I salute to you for bearing it for so long I want you to know that endometriosis can only be suppressed with taking contraceptive pills continuously .

for now take tab .deviry (medroxyprogesterone ) 10mg thrice daily for one week followed by twice daily for next one week and followed by once daily for next one week and stop eventually. I am also concerned about your Hemoglobin levels following such heavy bleeding .please get hemogram ,an ultrasound done .

For now you can take iron ,folic acid and bit B12 tablets to combat anemia. please get back to me if u have any queries

regards

| 
1 out of 1 likes