Q. I have severe anal itching due to intestinal worms. Is it dangerous?

Dr. Swati
Sir, Iam severelly suffering from intestinal worms parasites.4 year ago I used to skip breakfasts in the morning in hostel, I have to reach colege early.. so I skip most of my breakfast. After those days till today I have severe intestinila worms.. anal itchness... rashes.. I am following good gygien.. like washing hands with soaps... washing bedsheets in hot water.. tight under wears... I tried to take hot water with turmeric in empty stomatch..raw pappaya ate... everything tried... the result is still have anal itchness... extreme sever itchness.. once in a monthly only I eat fastfood in small amount, that time also get severe itchness bowel movements. I have good health routine. But why this happening. Is it dangerous?

Dr. Swati

Family Physician General Practitioner
# hi.. good evening..
do u have any worms coming from stools?
or is it just anal itching..
if there is perianal excoriation and any white coloured worms seen? then
first is u have to get a stool microscopy done
it is not a dangerous thing , Don't worry..
u need to follow certain guidelines..
plz take this medication in a gap of 2weeks ..
1) tab.albendazole 400mg one tablet stat and followed by same tablet after 2weeks ..
wen u take this Drug make sure everyone in family takes sane drug on same day..
change ur bedsheets n clothes n clean everything u use..

|