Q. I have severe anal itching due to intestinal worms. Is it dangerous?

Dr. Swati
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 26, 2021

I am severely suffering from an intestinal worm infection. Four years back, I use to skip breakfast in the morning while in the hostel. I have to go to my college early and so I use to skip my breakfast. After this, I started to have severe intestinal worms with anal itchiness and rashes. I followed good hygiene like washing hands with soaps, washing bed sheets in hot water, and used tight underwear. I have tried taking hot water with turmeric on an empty stomach and raw papaya. I have tried everything. But still, I have anal itchiness severely. I take fast food in small amount once a month. At that time too, I got severe itchiness during bowel movements. I follow a good health routine. Why is this happening to me? Is it dangerous?

#

Please mention whether you have any worms coming from stools or just anal itching. If there is any perianal excoriation with any white-colored worms, then you need to do stool microscopy. It is not a dangerous thing and you need not be worried. You need to follow certain guidelines. Kindly take this medication in a gap of two weeks. You can take tablet Albendazole 400 mg immediately and after that, take them after two weeks. While taking this, everyone in your family should take this drug on the same day. Change your bed sheets often. Wash your clothes after every use.

You seem to have a worm infection.

You need to do stool microscopy.

You have a pinworm infection.

You have a pinworm infection.

You need to treat it by taking anti-parasite.

Follow healthy hygiene.

Have a follow-up after two weeks.

|