Q. What is the best line of treatment for hemorrhoids?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 29, 2019

I am a 25-year-old male, overweight. I do not eat healthily nor do I exercise. For the past six or more months, I have been noticing my stools being flat for many of my bowel movements. I do have hemorrhoids and occasionally will notice blood on the toilet tissue. I have a relatively low fiber diet and a desk job. Other than hemorrhoids, I have no other symptoms. Is this a cause for concern? Could it be polyps or cancer? I am on Xanax for anxiety issues.

#

It is mandatory for every person of hemorrhoids to go for a colonoscopy because about 5% of patients have hemorrhoids secondary to the colon which could sometimes be serious.

Although you are just 25, I do not there could be anything serious but to be on safer side you should go for lower gastrointestinal examination preferably colonoscopy to rule out any serious disease.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|