Q. What is the best line of treatment for hemorrhoids?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hemorrhoids or Overweight? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 25-year-old male, overweight. I do not eat healthily nor do I exercise. For the past six or more months, I have been noticing my stools being flat for many of my bowel movements. I do have hemorrhoids and occasionally will notice blood on the toilet tissue. I have a relatively low fiber diet and a desk job. Other than hemorrhoids, I have no other symptoms. Is this a cause for concern? Could it be polyps or cancer? I am on Xanax for anxiety issues.