Q. What is the best line of treatment for hemorrhoids?

Published on Jan 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 29, 2019

I am a 25-year-old male, overweight. I do not eat healthily nor do I exercise. For the past six or more months, I have been noticing my stools being flat for many of my bowel movements. I do have hemorrhoids and occasionally will notice blood on the toilet tissue. I have a relatively low fiber diet and a desk job. Other than hemorrhoids, I have no other symptoms. Is this a cause for concern? Could it be polyps or cancer? I am on Xanax for anxiety issues.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

It is mandatory for every person of hemorrhoids to go for a colonoscopy because about 5% of patients have hemorrhoids secondary to the colon which could sometimes be serious.

Although you are just 25, I do not there could be anything serious but to be on safer side you should go for lower gastrointestinal examination preferably colonoscopy to rule out any serious disease.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Medhun Kumar
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear your problem. The first thing is that I need to know a few more details about your problem. Are you getting hemorrhoids or something else? Because bleeding while passing stools are not due to hemorrhoids alone. And suppose, if you got hemorrhoids, then it ...  Read Full

Is it normal to have green stool a day after colonoscopy?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I had a colonoscopy and today I had a bowel movement that was bright green. Should I contact the doctor who performed the procedure or is this normal? I am a 32-year-old female.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bright green color stool could be due to the presence of bile in stool. During a colonoscopy, you were given laxatives that might have disturbed your intestinal flora that is responsible for the yellowcolor of the stool. Also, stool must have passed rapidly through the ...  Read Full

Should my hemophiliac son receive coagulant for colonoscopy?

Query: Hi doctor, My son was exposed to warfare chemical in the navy. During his tonsil surgery, he was found to have bleeding disorder. He is suffering from hemophilia and is undergoing a colonoscopy tomorrow. Should he receive coagulant for this procedure?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: During any procedure bleeding time and clotting time that is prothrombin (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APPT) are always evaluated and then only the procedure is done. If he has no clotting issues at present ...  Read Full