Q. Is it possible to have a baby after hernia treatment?

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

I had a hernia last time and now it is treated. I am fine now. My question is that can I still produce a baby?

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

#

A hernia is a term used to describe any abnormal protrusion of any organ (most commonly bowel) from the cavity that covers the organ. First of all, what do you mean by a hernia? A hernia can be inguinal or femoral or hiatal, obturator, etc. You have not described the site of the hernia. But you are worried regarding your sexual function, so I am guessing you had an inguinal hernia with extension into the scrotal sac. Rest assured, if the hernia has been repaired properly by an experienced surgeon, it can never affect your reproductive health.

| 

Are hiatal hernias related to autism?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a son who was diagnosed with autism at 2.5 years. He is now 7 years old. He is verbal now and has improved a lot with the help of therapies. How close is a hiatal hernia associated with autism? We have a history of hiatal hernias in my family. I also read that hiatal hernia can irr...  Read Full »

Why is the pain form an inguinal hernia getting worse?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an inguinal hernia for over a year. The pain is getting worse each passing day from the last week. I do not have any symptoms that suggest it is strangulated. I am 5.10 feet tall, and I weigh 212 lbs.  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my inguinal hernia repair site?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45-year-old active athletic female. I had inguinal hernia repair with no mesh six months ago. Recently during exercise, I noted a similar pain in the same exact area. If it is a recurrence, what happens next? Is there another surgery? It has only been six months.  Read Full »