Q. Can I take Melatonin while on Lisinopril?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

I am currently taking Lisinopril for high BP. May I use a salt substitute to reduce magnesium level? Can I take Melatonin while on Lisinopril?

#

• Yes, I suggest Melatonin can be consumed along with Lisinopril. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and then take the medicine with consent.
  • It is not advisable to use a salt supplement with Lisinopril, as it can cause hyperkalemia (high potassium level in the blood).
  • The salt supplements are potassium based, so you need to get a magnesium based one.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|