Q. I am 18 years old. Why do I have high blood pressure?

Dr. Idowu Olalekan

My blood pressure is 150/90 mmHg and my age is 18 years and there is a pain in the neck and at the top of the head. Please help me. Currently, I am taking Arbitel 250.

#

I noticed that you have grade 1 obesity (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You will need to give more history, for example, do you have a family history of hypertension. The neck swelling needs to be evaluated to rule out a thyrotoxicosis.

1.Urinalysis.
2.Serum electrolyte urea and creatinine.
3.Fasting lipid profile.
4.Fasting blood glucose.
5.Chest radiograph.
6.Urine VMA (vanillylmandelic acid).
7.Neck scan.

Rule out substance use disorder.

Endocrine cause of hypertension.

See a doctor to prescribe antihypertensives.

1.Reduce salt intake.
2.Lifestyle modifications like weight loss, exercise, alcohol reduction, smoking cessation.

For more information consult a family physician online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|