Q. Why does urine appear dark brown inspite of having Fluconazole?

I was initially diagnosed with a urinary tract infection by the presence of white blood cells in my urine. I had symptoms of a typical UTI. I was given a five days course of antibiotics, but the symptoms did not go away, followed by 2*5 days more courses of antibiotics. A urine culture was done after three types of antibiotics failure.

A urine culture was conducted, and it was found that I had candida albican (yeast), and I was put on an oral antifungal medication called Fluconazole, but my urine is still dark brown with white substances in it, and I still feel itching after urination. I drink a lot of water, and I am HIV negative, I tested negative for prostate cancer, and I am 27 years old. Please help. I also experience a lot of nausea and heart racing when exposed to cold areas.

#

Went through your post. Generally, urine culture growth showing candida is not anything significant because it is a benign infection and usually does not need treatment unless a person has taken a lot of antibiotics, or is HIV positive. The white substance in urine is phosphate, and it is called Phosphaturia you are taking plenty of water is helpful, so no need to worry about that. I would suggest you complete two weeks of Fluconazole but no other antibiotics.

I am on the 11th day of the treatment, but there is no significant improvement. There is a possibility that I might be in the window period for HIV. My HIV tests are still coming out negative, could HIV at this stage affect the treatment?

#

HIV does not cause any symptoms during the window period that is why it is called window period. Both tests and symptoms are absent during this period, so it cannot be HIV.

|