Q. Should my son wear specs for cylindrical power of 1 and 1. 25?

Dr. Shikha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

My son is 5 years old. His doctor told that he has a cylindrical power of 1 and 1.25. He also said that his muscle power is weak. Is it a must to wear eyeglasses?

#

I can understand your concern regarding your child.

• Yes, he definitely has to use glasses as you said that your child is having cylindrical power in both eyes.
  • If he will not use glasses, then he will keep on complaining of headache and keep on squeezing his eyes, which is very distressing.
  • This power will increase with age. So, you need to take all the precautions like improving his diet by including green vegetables.
  • I would also like to know his full prescription whether it is myopic or hypermetropic.

Revert back with the prescription to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 
1 out of 1 likes