Q. Should my son wear specs for cylindrical power of 1 and 1. 25?

Dr. Shikha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

My son is 5 years old. His doctor told that he has a cylindrical power of 1 and 1.25. He also said that his muscle power is weak. Is it a must to wear eyeglasses?

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I can understand your concern regarding your child.

• Yes, he definitely has to use glasses as you said that your child is having cylindrical power in both eyes.
  • If he will not use glasses, then he will keep on complaining of headache and keep on squeezing his eyes, which is very distressing.
  • This power will increase with age. So, you need to take all the precautions like improving his diet by including green vegetables.
  • I would also like to know his full prescription whether it is myopic or hypermetropic.

Revert back with the prescription to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 
1 out of 1 likes

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Is atropine recommended for progressive myopia?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. She has progressive myopia. She has a high spherical number in her right eye, which is -3.5 and left eye -1.75. She also has a constant cylindrical number which is -3.25 in the right eye and -2.25 in the left eye. According to her pediatric ophthalmologist, the ...  Read Full »

Health Benefits from Eating Eggs

Article Overview: Egg protein has the highest nutritive quality as compared to any other dietary protein. An egg is said to be a complete food because of its nutritional benefits, such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, best quality of fat, etc. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Who does not know the benefits of an egg? I think everyone is familiar with this nutritious white diamond of the food group. It is a rich source of all nutrients except vitamin C (ascorbic acid). An egg of 50 g weight contains the following: Calorie - 85. Protein - 6.5 g (13 % of RDA). Fat - 6....  Read Article

What is the best option other than glasses in case of keratoconus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye disorder (keratoconus). I would like to know whether I can continue wearing soft lens. The hard lens/RGP lens provides a lot of discomfort. Do I have other options apart from glasses?  Read Full »