Q. Is it anything serious when there is high level of lymphocytes?

Dr. Smrita Singh
Published on Jul 04, 2018

I took CBC test before six months. My WBC is 8970 cells/cmm and lymphocytes are 45.4 % 4080 cells/cmm. Yesterday, I took another CBC test. My WBC is 7.5 cells/cmm and lymphocytes are 46.4 %. Is it anything serious when there is a high level of lymphocytes? I have GERD like symptoms. Yesterday, I took an endoscopy and everything is fine.

Dr. Smrita Singh

Hematology Pathology
#

Lymphocytes are usually increased following a viral infection, some bacterial infections and also in conditions of stress. If you have a cold, it might be due to viral infection. The percentage of increase in your lymphocytes is not very high.

Continue taking medication that has been prescribed for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). You are slightly anemic and try to have food items like green leafy vegetables which are rich in iron to prevent iron deficiency.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

| 

What is the high level of lymphocyte? Sometimes, I have fever like symptoms and bitter taste. I checked my temperature. It was 37.2, 37.4, 37.3 and 37.5 C. So, I am worried about my high level of lymphocytes.

Dr. Smrita Singh

Hematology Pathology
#

In the differential leukocyte count, a level above 40 % is considered high. Sometimes, there is an increase in the number of lymphocytes in the absolute count. The normal absolute lymphocyte count range in adults is 1000 to 4800/microliter of blood.

| 

My platelets count is decreasing. And I am having fever from last 6 days with continuous headache.

Query: Hi Doctor, I am having fever since last 6 days with continuous headache. I am taking Paracetamol on regular intervals, but my fever temperature is not decreasing from 100 degree, sometimes it reaches to 103 degree as well. Because of the fever my appetite is also reducing day by day. I got it checke...  Read Full »

What could cause recurrent fever and body pain in a 13 year old?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 13 years old and his weight is 46 kg. His WBC is 6000, lymphocyte is around 50% (checked thrice in the last two years), Hb is 11 g% and HbE trait. His overall health is fine, but he is getting recurrent fever attack of around four to five times in a year with severe body pain. P...  Read Full »

My lymphocyte percentage is 44%. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got a blood test conducted and the results indicate that my hemoglobin is 17.9 g/dL. My packed cell volume is 52.5%, RBC is 6.42 milliliter/mm3. Total leukocyte count is 14.3 thou/mm3. In differential leukocyte count, lymphocytes are 44% and in absolute leucocyte count, l...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now