Q. My 1. 5 year old baby has low neutrophils and high lymphocytes. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 21, 2019

My 1.5 year old boy has low neutrophils (17%) and high lymphocytes (74%). He has normal hemoglobin and total WBC. We did this blood test one week after vaccinations. There is no actual complaint, and we did the blood test to check if there is iron deficiency. I have attached the blood report for your reference. Please check.

#

• Lymphocytosis is considered in the child of 1.5 years when the absolute lymphocyte count is more than 9000. Here, it is not more than 9000 in your case. Hence, clinical correlation should be done as temporary viral infection can lead lymphocytosis.
  • So, acknowledge with any significant clinical history about your child for further comment.
  • You can consult a pediatrician for clinical examination with keeping all this in mind. Take care.

For further information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|