Q. My lymphocyte count increased by 1000 in eight days. What is wrong with me?

Dr. Dalia Mostafa Nayel

My age is 27 years, my height is 5’4" and my weight is 65. I have trigeminal neuralgia for which I take Lyrica 75 mg during flareups. I recently had a blood test which indicated low vitamin D (6 ng/ml) for which doctor advised me to take D-rise 60,000 IU/week for eight weeks and then 60,000 IU/month for a year. In my CBC done last week, my ALC and my WBC were high that I had a test again eight days later in which the lymphocyte was increased again by 1000. Apart from this, I have pain in lower abdomen and my body keeps having hot and cold flashes. I also have pain in legs and arms and I do not feel hungry like I used to for the past one month.

#

Your increased WBC and lymphocytes, I could certainly relate it to your trigeminal neuralgia as this is an inflammation of a nerve which would rise WBC levels even if you are in recovery period with no symptoms. But, what I am concerned about is your appetite and abdominal pain and hot and cold flashes as these symptoms correlate with endocrinal dysfunction. So, we can be certain by doing thyroid function tests to see how it is going.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

My thyroid levels are normal in the test that I had on 6th.

#

That excludes thyroid dysfunction and I do not see anything abnormal in your lab results except what is mentioned before. So, I doubt that there is an organic cause with you and my advice to you is to keep away from the following and see how it goes. Spicy food, alcohol, smoking, hot drinks especially caffeine, tight clothes, and finally stress.

|