High Testosterone Level

How to prevent unwanted hair growth in women?

Query: Hello doctor, I have excessive hair growth and unable to remove the hair as it causes ingrown hair. I do not PCOS, and my hormone levels are normal.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your test reports, and they are up to mark (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Can you please tell me when you have this hair growth? Did you use any supplements? Do you get your periods regularly? Please answer. The other reason for ...  Read Full »

What does bioavailable testosterone do?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband was found to have elevated testosterone (over 1009 - the limit of the test), but normal LH and other hormones. A testicular ultrasound was normal. What are the possible diagnoses? Could Graves' disease cause this?  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Graves' disease does not cause high testosterone. I have a few questions. What medicine he is taking now? What is his age? Is he on any supplements? What was the bioavailable testosterone? Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an endocrinologist online ...  Read Full »

What does high testosterone level indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male with abnormally high testosterone. All other lab tests came back negative. What should be my next step? I also have malaise, muscle aches, anxiety, and abdominal pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You sent me cortisol levels report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but there is no report for testosterone. Your cortisol is normal. Please send the testosterone report.  Read Full »

I did not get period after stopping birth control pills. What should I do to get period without OCP?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not get my period for over a year after stopping birth control. I have stopped the birth control pill last year and have not had a period yet. I do eat a very healthy diet and do not do excessive sport. My periods before being on birth control were regular and I do not have a ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your hormonal profile is normal just that progesterones are way too low indicating that you are not ovulating and hence no menses. Sometimes, amenorrhoea is seen after prolonged use ...  Read Full »

Why do I get elevated levels of vitamin B12 and testosterone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year-old female. I take 20 mg Trintellex, as well as bio-identical progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, and thyroid. I take a sublingual methyl B-12 as well as zinc, P5P, magnesium, Vitamin D, Glutathione and Borage oil. I received bloodworm back today with troubling results...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do understand that your blood levels of both make and female hormones are elevated but most likely they are due to exogenous consumption. I was wondering as to why were you taking these hormones?  Read Full »

Does Wellbutrin affect testosterone levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I suddenly developed sexual dysfunction, I have reduced interest, arousal, plateau, and orgasm. The triggering event seems to be the discontinuation of 150 mg Bupropion because of adverse effects. I switched to 20 mg Citalopram, and over the course of six month...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from the history you gave and the levels of testosterone you mentioned, it is very high level of serum testosterone. There are usually some males who normally have high testosterone levels without any major underlying disease. I will discuss ...  Read Full »

How can I stop my body from producing excessive male hormones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sickle cell trait. I was diagnosed with pcos and pmdd. I got a colonoscopy done for chronic constipation. But, the report was inconclusive. My main concern is that, my body is producing lot of male hormones. Due to which, I have a lot of facial hair and have a deep voice. On a r...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have multiple issues with your hormonal levels. I will provide some guidelines which you can proceed with: Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is very low. This means you are ove...  Read Full »

I have excessive body hair and obesity. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had PCOS for over a decade now. I initially saw a gynecologist who tried oral contraceptive pills, microgynon, and spironolactone. She did a battery of blood tests and ultrasounds to confirm I have the condition. A general physician prescribed Metformin a few years back. All of the...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have a 21-hydroxylase deficiency and that causes an excess of testosterone and androstenedione causing virilization of females and PCOS. This is the cause of your hirsutism and insulin resis...  Read Full »

Will the recurrent nightfall within a week affect our health?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. I have never had sex. But within a week, I had nightfall for about 5 times. Will this affect my health?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are 20, you will obviously have higher testosterone levels. If you do not masturbate, your body needs a way to get the semen out and hence occurs nightfall. Nightfall is nothing but the involuntary ejaculation of the semen from the penis during sleep. It i...  Read Full »

How to manage my emotion?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not know what is happening and I do not want to talk about it with anybody. I have a constant feeling of anger, and it feels like it is my baseline emotion. When I am not angry, I am just numb. I can still experience the joy and pleasure when it is out upon me or if I make an active ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Thank you for sharing your problem with me.You are 17 years old. At this age because of hormonal changes and increased testosterone levels, aggressiveness, anger outburst and easy irritability appears.But if you feel it is uncontrollable, I will suggest you to visit a psy...  Read Full »