Q. TLC is elevated and I am worried. Is there anything concerning?

Dr. Kamal Kant Sahu

I have submitted the reports of HPLC USG and latest CBC. I am worried this time TLC was elevated. In last four or five CBC in two months, it has never crossed the 7 to 9 range. Also, sending you CT and USG reports of two years back.

#

I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your concern for high TLC (total leukocyte count) is not bothering me. We do see DLC (differential count) also, which tells the character of cells whether they are cancerous or not). There is nothing like that in your report. So, you need not worry.

HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) report is normal, means at present we do not have anything conclusive as almost all investigations have been done in your case except for your bone marrow examination.

As you are completely fine and symptom-free and your JAK test was also negative, you are most likely NOT suffering from any cancer, etc. Hematocrit/PCV if crosses 55 to 60, then only we give some symptomatic drug.

From my side, I would advise you to just follow dietary advice and get blood levels checked only after three months. Getting it checked every month will only make you more stressed, which I certainly do not want.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

Your advice is really important to me and I have already started following it. Is there anything concerning in USG? It looks to be same as two years back and I do not see much changes in cysts.

#

I also second your opinion that there is nothing significant about those cysts. In fact, I will recommend you have good hydration, especially during upcoming summer season. Stone size is 5.3 mm which per say is not problematic till you maintain good hydration. It may or may not pass on its own.

I will suggest not to get Hb level done monthly. I know some patients get it done every two weeks and add stress to their life. You are fine and need not worry.

I am happy if I could help you in any way in future. Do let me know.

For further queries consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|