Q. I often get a mouth ulcer. What is the reason for this?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I often get a mouth ulcer which is in the form of oval shape and white in color. When I get this, I apply Mucopain gel and take Riboflavin tablet 10 mg. Can you please let me know the reason for this?

#

As per your complaint, you are suffering from recurrent aphthous ulcers which is causing you the eruption of ulcers on the tongue.

It can be caused due to a number of reasons like:

• Stress.
  • Nutritional deficiency (iron, vitamin B12, and Folic acid).
  • Hormonal changes.
  • Acid reflux.
  • Tongue trauma due to some sharp teeth or tongue biting habit.
  • Excessive intake of sour and citrus foods.
  • Uncontrolled diabetes.
  • Other immunocompromised conditions.

You need to consult an oral physician or a general dentist in this regard to get evaluated and treated.

1. For aphthous ulcer, you can do warm saline gargles. Gargles with 1:1 solution of Benadryl and milk of magnesia can help.
  2. Apply numbing gel over the sore for relief from pain especially during eating.
  3. Take a multivitamin tablet for a period of 15 days.
  4. Avoid spicy, sour, and acidic foods.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|