Q. I often get a mouth ulcer. What is the reason for this?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Jun 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I often get a mouth ulcer which is in the form of oval shape and white in color. When I get this, I apply Mucopain gel and take Riboflavin tablet 10 mg. Can you please let me know the reason for this?

#

As per your complaint, you are suffering from recurrent aphthous ulcers which is causing you the eruption of ulcers on the tongue.

It can be caused due to a number of reasons like:

• Stress.
  • Nutritional deficiency (iron, vitamin B12, and Folic acid).
  • Hormonal changes.
  • Acid reflux.
  • Tongue trauma due to some sharp teeth or tongue biting habit.
  • Excessive intake of sour and citrus foods.
  • Uncontrolled diabetes.
  • Other immunocompromised conditions.

You need to consult an oral physician or a general dentist in this regard to get evaluated and treated.

1. For aphthous ulcer, you can do warm saline gargles. Gargles with 1:1 solution of Benadryl and milk of magnesia can help.
  2. Apply numbing gel over the sore for relief from pain especially during eating.
  3. Take a multivitamin tablet for a period of 15 days.
  4. Avoid spicy, sour, and acidic foods.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Why are my TLC and eosinophil count high with fever and mouth ulcer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old male. For the last few days, I feel like having fever, loss of appetite, and mouth ulcer. The head feels heavy and a mild headache is there. I have a blood test report. Also, my TLC count is 12500 which is higher than normal. Eosinophil level is also increased but on...  Read Full »

I suffer a lot from canker sore.I have tried all home remedies,but no relief.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21year old boy. I suffer a lot from canker sore (mouth ulcer). I have tried all home remedies and over the counter medicines without much success. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Can pain in the gums without inflammation or redness occur due to infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain, little but noticeable in my gum. It is not inflamed or red. What should I do? Is it infected? I need advice. Please help.  Read Full »