Q. How to reduce triglyceride levels after stent placement?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

How to reduce triglyceride levels, which is 262 as on today. I have a stent placed three years ago.

#

• In spite of these medications, if your triglycerides are elevated, you will need to add one more medicine like tablet Fenofibrate 145 mg, once a day, at bedtime for six weeks and repeat triglycerides test after that.
  • I suggest the following lifestyle changes:
  1. Avoid fatty, oily and high calorie diet.
  2. Do exercises like brisk walking or jogging according your capacity, atleast 30 minutes a day for five days a week.
  3. Include lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, and fish once or twice a week. Avoid meat.
  4. Avoid smoking and alcohol drinking habits, if any.

Hope this helps you. Get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|