Q. Please advise management for high triglyceride level.

Dr. Albana Greca

My triglyceride is 600 plus. Please advise any medicine. I do running for 45 minutes.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Triglyceride levels are very high. I think you might have any metabolic or hormonal problem. I advise starting immediate healthy changes in your diet and lifestyle regimen. Take supplements containing plant sterols, red yeast rice, omega-3, co-enzyme Q10, etc. Fibrates to start but need a prescription from your caring doctor.

| 

Shivering while sleeping for a couple of seconds. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My father, age 67, while sleeping has shivers for a couple of seconds. This happens after an interval of 1 to 2 minutes. Is it something to be worried or concerned about? He is consuming BP control medicine Amlong 0.5 mg daily. No other ongoing health problems apart from his knee pain...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to go for copper-T for hormonal imbalance and menstrual disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister was experiencing irregular periods and sometimes bleeding was heavy during the menstrual period. We consulted a gynecologist. She suggested taking pelvis scan where they observed that endometrium line became thick. They informed that it was due to hormonal imbalance. Later w...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only option in case of a heart defect such as ASD?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went for an annual health checkup. I was diagnosed with a heart defect (ASD) and was recommended a surgical closure. In this regard, I need your opinion and guidance.  Read Full »

Ask a Community Medicine Physician Now