Q. Please advise management for high triglyceride level.

Dr. Albana Greca
Published on Oct 09, 2018

My triglyceride is 600 plus. Please advise any medicine. I do running for 45 minutes.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Triglyceride levels are very high. I think you might have any metabolic or hormonal problem. I advise starting immediate healthy changes in your diet and lifestyle regimen. Take supplements containing plant sterols, red yeast rice, omega-3, co-enzyme Q10, etc. Fibrates to start but need a prescription from your caring doctor.

Shivering while sleeping for a couple of seconds. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My father, age 67, while sleeping has shivers for a couple of seconds. This happens after an interval of 1 to 2 minutes. Is it something to be worried or concerned about? He is consuming BP control medicine Amlong 0.5 mg daily. No other ongoing health problems apart from his knee pain...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the attached files and videos thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can reassure you that these movements are due to hypotonia during sleep and not due to medical disease, nothing to worry about. I ...  Read Full

Is it advisable to go for copper-T for hormonal imbalance and menstrual disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister was experiencing irregular periods and sometimes bleeding was heavy during the menstrual period. We consulted a gynecologist. She suggested taking pelvis scan where they observed that endometrium line became thick. They informed that it was due to hormonal imbalance. Later w...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think the doctor has advised copper-T. I think she would have advised intrauterine hormonal device called LNG (Levonorgestrel) which contains hormone progesterone. It will regularise the cycles and control heavy flow and need not take oral medicines. It is up ...  Read Full

Is surgery the only option in case of a heart defect such as ASD?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went for an annual health checkup. I was diagnosed with a heart defect (ASD) and was recommended a surgical closure. In this regard, I need your opinion and guidance.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your tests reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have ASD (atrial septal defect), which is corrected only by surgical closure. It is usually asymptomatic but, when the symptoms start, it will be too late for a surgery. At the most, you ca...  Read Full

Ask a Community Medicine Physician Now