Q. Can being a vegan cause anemia with high vitamin B12 level?

I have been a vegetarian for over two years, and a vegan for about three months. I had my bloodwork done this past week, and the numbers were confusing. I have had anemia in the past, and it was thought to be due to my ulcer, which I take over the counter medicine (which I was told now to make absorption difficult). I stopped being anemic about four years ago, but these numbers look like I am there again. But my B12, which is what I was actually most concerned about has been having symptoms of deficiencies, but my number was 1353, way above the highest end of the spectrum. So I am all over the place, and my regular doctor is out on medical leave.

Thought I should have some information before I talk to a stranger. He has already recommended stopping being vegan. I reminded him I also had gastric bypass surgery 15 years ago, so that combined with an ulcer, anti-ulcer medicines, vegan and surgery seem to be culprits, but I need direction. Oh, since becoming vegetarian, then vegan, I have gained almost 50 lbs, not good. I do not see an upload option, so I will just write some of the numbers. B12 1253, folate 33.1. iron and TIBC 36 and 453, transferrin saturation 8 %, hematocrit 34, hemoglobin 10.3, ferritin 5 ng.