Hip Joint Pain

Please give a second opinion on my hip joint pain treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 63 year old male. I had polio affected right leg, but have been leading a normal life since then. Recently, I developed pain in the right thigh joint, but able to walk normally. In some positions, it is painful. I have got my MRI study of the hip joint. The report is enclosed here...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would have been in a better position to answer your query if I had seen the plain x-ray of pelvis films and MRI films rather than just a report. From the description of your symptoms and the MRI report, it seems that you have an arthritic right hip joint, though I c...  Read Full »

Is MRI needed for hip joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Since one month, I have been facing joint pain in my right leg and hip. I consulted a doctor at my native and he said that bone is worn-out at the joint. Again, when I consulted a doctor in my working place, he said that the cause of my pain is arthritis. The pain is not much. I am a 47 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please elaborate your problem? Which activities make the pain worse? Are you able to sit cross leg or squat down? Do you have a fever or decreased appetite or any other symptoms? Do you have any pain in other joints as well? If you have x-ray of the affected h...  Read Full »

Which leg posture is best to avoid pain in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I use the computer and sit 10 hours daily in the office chair since last five years. I feel pain in inner thighs sometimes. Since last few days, I have felt severe pain in both inner thighs and have taken one Voveran and Paracetamol tablet. It feels good after taking medicine or applying ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have pathology at the spinal level, causing postural or mechanical backache or a hip or sacrococcygeal joint pathology with referred pain in the thighs. Pain over the inner thigh can be due to either of the two causes mentioned above. To diagnose the cause ...  Read Full »

What causes pain and twinges in the groin area during certain movements?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had pain in my lower stomach just above my crotch area for about seven weeks now. When I first went to my doctor with the complaint, he said I could have pulled a muscle. I have made an appointment to go back again, which he told me to do and he advised me to bring a urine sample. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel really sorry for the pain and twinges you feel on certain positions and movements. It really is bothersome and needs attention and care. Your symptoms typically seem to be due to osteoarthritis of the hip joint and that is a medical condition of the hip joint due t...  Read Full »

Why do I get sharp pain on left hamstring stretch even after hip adjustment?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my hips adjusted about a year ago and the trainer who did it yanked my right leg to align my hips. It felt good at that time but the next day I had nerve pain down my left leg and into my lower back on the right side. Every time I stretch my left hamstring or sit in an L shape I g...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, you might have your sacroiliac (SI) joint strained and the same is causing you pain in the back and the leg. You just need a good mobilization of the SI joint and lower spine. Along with some soft tissue work to relieve the pain and spasm. Nothing to w...  Read Full »

How to fix a pain around the junction of femur bone in pelvis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16 year old female. For a year now, I have been getting regular, on and off pains in my pelvis around where the femurs connect, and the lower spine. Sometimes it can only be fixed when I put pressure on one side, but other times it hurts to put pressure on it. It started off wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms that you describe can be due to the following: 1. Bursitis: which your doctor says there is a gland that is inflamed. Bursitis may occur occasionally but, if not taken care of, may last for months. In such a case, complete bed rest for a few days, al...  Read Full »

Can you reverse avascular necrosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in thighs, hip joints and legs for more than a year. Reports indicate avascular necrosis stage 3. Doctor has recommended me hip replacement. I am really scared of this. Because I did a lot of research on internet about this. I got to know a lot of restriction and risk of dislo...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for using this platform. From the information you provided, it seems like you have stage 3 avascular necrosis (AVN). While there are numerous causes for AVN and often there is no identifiable cause, the prognosis is not very favorable once you reach stage 3. ...  Read Full »

How to recover from plantar fasciitis and hip pain?

Query: Hello, I am 60 years old. I have plantar fasciitis from one year and two months. It is getting better, but I wanted a second opinion on my MRI done two months ago. Also, since the past two weeks, I have hip pain from the groin to the outer part of the hip in a semi-circle. It is painful to get in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As far as the plantar fasciitis is concerned, there is evidence on the MRI to suggest that there is some edema on the attachment of the plantar fascia on the calcaneum. As you are gettin...  Read Full »

Can problem in the hip cause knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have stiffness and pain in thighs and knees for more than a year. I cannot sit properly and stand up instantly. I am having problem in each and every activity involving legs. I have reduced mobility and flexibility of legs. My report shows AVN stage 3 of hip joint, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hip avascular necrosis (AVN) and hip arthritis causes pain in the affected hip and also sometimes in the knees as the same nerve which supplies the hip also supplies the knee joint. It is called as obturator nerve. This nerve supplies both the joints. So if there is ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my severe hip pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14 year old female. My height is 5'5", and I weigh about 140 pounds. I experience extreme pain in my hip. It is difficult for me to walk or climb stairs. Also, it keeps me awake at night. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My worry here is that you may have a Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis (SCFE) and you need an urgent orthopedic opinion to help rule this out. The reason I say so is that the pain and limp from the hip in an adolescent has only a few causes one of which is SCFE. The oth...  Read Full »