Q. Pain from the right side of my back moved to the hips. Please help.

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Pain in hips. My lower back on the right side began to ache slightly and the ache moved into my hips, deep in the socket like a tooth ache but in the bone almost, it spread to my other hip and continued for the last 2 days. Only thing that helps is heat, like hot bath, today I was able to move around a little better but still have pain, my knees sometimes swell up and get hot to the touch, this has never happened in my hips before, I had a low grade fever off an on, maybe unrelated but I have a couple sores in my mouth and a couple knuckles on my hands hurt. My RA factor was tested a few months ago and everything was normal, I’ve also been tested for lupus and I have every symptom but the test comes back negative. I have severe reynaudes too. Also maybe unrelated, my urine always smells super strong like morning pee but worse. No matter how much water I drink. My C3 and C4 were off, ( complimentary system) but otherwise everything else is always normal.

My knees swelled up a few years ago to where I couldn’t walk and the pain was incredible for a couple days and it went away.

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

The common rheumatological disease for your condition which needs to be ruled out based on your history is Spondyloarthritis (SpA). SpA comprises many groups of diseases starting from ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, and others. It usually causes back pain, lower limb arthritis-like knees, ankles and hip can involve. In your case, it may be reactive arthritis. go for inflammatory markers and HLA-B27 testing. discuss and meet personally with a Rheumatologist for further evaluation and discussion. hope this will guide you. Thank You

|