Q. Can I get HIV because of fingering of my butt hole by a massuer?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

Around three weeks back, I went for a body massage in the afternoon. The therapist asked me in the middle whether I needed a body-to-body massage, and I said yes. She removed her dress on top and rubbed her body on me, but she did not pull her pants. She gave me a handjob (no penetration or oral or fingering of her private parts), but she was touching (not fingering) my butt hole. After my ejaculation, she cleaned, but I did not notice it, but I felt pain while cleaning my private parts. Again she rubbed her body on me and tried to give the second time, but I could not ejaculate. Furthermore, she was touching my butt hole.

By last week, I got a headache in the back of my head; then it turned into a very high fever. Yesterday, I got 102 degrees fever. I got a sore throat and have a small pimple on my throat. Since yesterday I have been feeling having loose motion. Four days back, I checked with the doctor, and he gave me an injection and antibiotics for the fever, but I felt it might be HIV or any other sexually transmitted disease. I did not notice whether she used clean towels or other materials containing HIV or cut her fingers because she was touching my butt hole.

Please help me, doctor. I am scared to death

#

Body massage, rubbing or handjob, touching or rubbing anal opening, and even fingering are safe sexual practices. They do not pose any risk of transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) as the virus cannot pass through intact skin. Clothing like towels is not a source of infection as microbes do not survive outside the body for long and die quickly on drying. Your symptoms are not due to any sexually transmitted disease (STD).

Take care.

I am a bit relieved. But do I need to take any tests or medication for sexually transmitted diseases? I ordered a p24 antigen HIV kit third-generation to test it myself at home. Does it have any window period to check? Otherwise, do I need to take any tests like VDRL, HBsAg, HCV, or HIV RNA test? I forgot to mention that I got three bruises on my body after the massage and am unsure whether it leads to HIV or STDs.

#

You do not need to take any tests or medications for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

A p24 antigen test has a window period of seven to fourteen days. You can rely on the test result if it is done after two weeks.

This exposure does not warrant testing for hepatitis B, C, or syphilis.

Bruises are not related to any of the STDs. However, you can take a few tests like complete blood count (CBC), liver function test (LFT), bleeding time (BT), clotting time (CT), Prothrombin time (PT), and partial thromboplastin time with kaolin (PTTK) if you have a history of spontaneous bruising.

Take care.

|