Q. I had sex with condom before some years with no symptoms. Will I get HIV?

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

I had sex with condom. Is there any chance to get affected with HIV? Until now, there are no symptoms. Generally, how many days will it take to identify HIV after sex? Please suggest, and I am a bit worried. Generally, in my company, they conduct medical tests yearly and in that it shows negative.

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Doing sex with condom is safe unless it has torn or leaked. Was your partner a known case or later diagnosed to be HIV positive? Company tests that you have done, if it was for HIV and if it is negative, then you need not worry about it as test results will be positive in four to eight weeks after exposure.

And the symptoms and presentation may be late and vary depending on the patient's immunity and other things. It is present with some symptoms be delayed even up to a decade or more.

If you are already tested for HIV, and it is negative, then I do not think there is any reason to worry about your incident. If not yet tested and you want to clear your doubt, get it checked after this Covid period. It is not an emergency. Be careful and take safety measures.

| 

Company conducts general medical tests that include blood tests also. In that report, HIV is negative. I do not know about that partner's health condition right now. Are there any home tests? Please suggest.

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

#

No, there is no home test for HIV. And since your HIV test is negative that you have already done. You do not have to worry at all. And since you are already negative, your partner status does not matter for you today. So just relax.

|