Q. I had sex with condom before some years with no symptoms. Will I get HIV?

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

I had sex with condom. Is there any chance to get affected with HIV? Until now, there are no symptoms. Generally, how many days will it take to identify HIV after sex? Please suggest, and I am a bit worried. Generally, in my company, they conduct medical tests yearly and in that it shows negative.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Doing sex with condom is safe unless it has torn or leaked. Was your partner a known case or later diagnosed to be HIV positive? Company tests that you have done, if it was for HIV and if it is negative, then you need not worry about it as test results will be positive in four to eight weeks after exposure.

And the symptoms and presentation may be late and vary depending on the patient's immunity and other things. It is present with some symptoms be delayed even up to a decade or more.

If you are already tested for HIV, and it is negative, then I do not think there is any reason to worry about your incident. If not yet tested and you want to clear your doubt, get it checked after this Covid period. It is not an emergency. Be careful and take safety measures.

| 

Company conducts general medical tests that include blood tests also. In that report, HIV is negative. I do not know about that partner's health condition right now. Are there any home tests? Please suggest.

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

#

No, there is no home test for HIV. And since your HIV test is negative that you have already done. You do not have to worry at all. And since you are already negative, your partner status does not matter for you today. So just relax.

| 

I had protected sex with multiple partners. What is the risk of HIV infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male, and I had sex with two female partners, three months back. I had vaginal and oral sex. The intercourse lasted for about five minutes, twice with each partner. I had a condom on throughout the time. Starting a week or so later, I had a pimple-like bump at the edge ...  Read Full »

Protection broke during insertion and I pulled out. Can STDs be passed in this period?

Query: Hello doctor, I had protected intercourse with a CSW, but the protection broke at the tip during insertion and I immediately pulled out. Enough space was left at the tip for semen to collect and I do not know whether the tip of my penis has come in contact with some vaginal fluid. I am totally str...  Read Full »

Is immuno-concentration HIV test conclusive after 15 months of sexual exposure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old boy. I had a partner for past 2 to 3 years. We performed sex 6 to 7 times. Last was before 14 months and then had a break-up. Now I see that she is HIV positive. Now I fear about HIV because there is high risk and I want to marry another girl. My symptoms are a sore...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now