Q. I have severe anxiety due to fear of HIV. Please help me.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
Published on Mar 24, 2018

I had sex with a sex worker with a condom on but at that time, I had itching problem in my hip joints. I had sex for four to five minutes. That was my first time having sex. I am in too much fear of HIV. I tested tri-dot on the 31st day and it was negative. Before the test, I had a skin rash which was cleared by Levocetirizine? What should I do? How much percent cases were found to be positive after three months being negative on the first month? I have too much anxiety. I am unable to eat food too due to fear. Please help me.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Preventive Medicine Venereology
#

The chances of transmission of HIV by protected intercourse is nil if used in a right way.

Tri-dot being negative after one month is good. The chances of HIV tests coming positive later is almost nil.

It would be better to go for HIV antibodies tests or tri-dot after three months to be relieved of anxiety totally.

The rashes are not related to HIV. It may be due to fungal infection.

For further queries consult a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

I am getting cramps in my legs, feeling weakness, in too much fear of HIV and I have anorexia. Are my symptoms related to HIV?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

#

Forget the episode. These symptoms may be due to anxiety. You can relax.

Do yoga, meditation, and exercises.

For more information consult a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

Is it possible to have hairy leukoplakia three months after risky sexual activity?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male who discovered this lesion on my tongue by accident while brushing my teeth. It does not come off easily with the toothbrush. Actually, it does not, unless I apply significant force to remove it. It has been a month since I first discovered it and no other symp...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not appear to be hairy cell leukoplakia. It appears like a normal ulceration or papule only. I suggest applying Triamcinolone ointment over it twice daily and observe if it goes down. Eat a healthy diet rich in folic acid and all other vitamins. Take plenty o...  Read Full

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Ask a Community Medicine Physician Now