Q. Please explain about the CMIA test for HIV testing.

I shall be thankful to you if you please answer few of my queries. How CMIA combo for HIV testing is done? How much it is reliable at 175 and 180 post incidence. INDEX was .14 and .08, respectively. What are the chances of error in the result? (Done at two different labs). Even after three years, I have no medical issue. Please give me awareness on procedure reliability.

#

Below are the specific answers for your questions.

CMIA is based on chemiluminescence principle and it is performed on an automated analyzer. It is the most effective technique nowadays to rule out HIV. CMIA can almost 100 % rule out HIV after 90 days of exposure. Usually, in most of the patients, CMIA can be effective after six weeks of exposure. So after 175 days of exposure, you need not to worry about HIV.

The index value is cut off value based on which the result is given. The chance of error is very less. After testing for two times the chance of error is almost nil. After three years of exposure there is no medical issue, so the chances of HIV is very less.

Had it checked both antigen and antibodies? Can I go with my life normally?

#

Yes, CMIA detects both antigen as well antibody. You can go ahead in life.

| 
1 out of 1 likes