HomeAnswersInternal MedicinehivI have pain, tenderness, and a water-like fluid oozing from my penis after unprotected sex. Please help.

Does pain, tenderness, and a water-like discharge from the penis indicate HIV infection?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 6, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 21, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have two instances and I am very worried about them. The first one happened 11 months ago, I met a sex worker at a spa while having intercourse there was some blood on the condom from the vagina, I stopped then and removed the condom. My paranoia thinks when she took the condom after removing something touched the tip of the penis and maybe that was the blood side of the condom. I had no symptoms or problems after that for five months but then recently, I had a cold-like feeling. Then again when somebody around me had a sore throat, I got a sore throat too.

The second one happened around few days ago I just had oral sex (receive) and intercourse with a sex worker. No condom was used. After that, I started feeling pain in my penis and it was tender to touch and clear water-like fluid came out when I pressed the penis urethra. I felt no other discharge. But I still took one gram of Azithromycin for one day and 500 mg for two days and Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for seven days. There is tenderness present on my right inner upper thigh and when I started inspecting it deep, I felt a lymph node inside my thigh. My tenderness can be due to muscle stretch or strain but feeling a lymph node underneath was stressful. I am scared of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) a lot. Please help.

Thank you.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern. I would suggest you get an ultrasound scrotum and penis done.

For relieving pain I would suggest you take a painkiller like tablet Paracetamol or Ibuprofen. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and take the medicines with their consent. Do HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), HBsAg (Hepatitis B surface antigen), and syphilis test after one week.

Please revert back with the tests.

Thank you.


Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

hivunprotected sexoral sex

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy