Q. What are the other tests done to confirm HIV?

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

The doctor told me to test for a retrovirus. Unfortunately, it came positive. He said you might have HIV.

Then I went to a government hospital where they took my blood sample, and they gave me the results within two hours. They told me I have HIV 1. Soon, after that, they started my treatment.

Now I am on ART therapy. But till today I am not sure that whether I am HIV positive or not. I have started taking medicines.

I am having a problem with my appetite and some brain problem. My CD4 count was 503.

Please help me. I did a VDRL test which came out positive. I am also taking medicines for TLE.

#

As far as the HIV test is concerned, it is positive (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and if you have a doubt, then you can get tested for RNA PCR.

You have the infection, because, without HIV, CD4 will not come down and also, you have checked for HIV, as you are having risk behaviors (as suspected by the doctor).

Yes, Efavirenz will have these effects like vivid dreams, hallucinations, reeling sensation but these will wear off over the time. No need to worry.

Regarding VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory), it indicates syphilis, and you need to take Benzathine penicillin injection of 2.4 million units once weekly for three weeks.

The syphilitic ulcer may have acted as a portal for the entry of virus during the first infection. Keep in regular follows up for better treatment plans.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

| 

HIV1 RNA test is negative. Can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?

Query: Hi doctor,I had sex with massage girl a month back with a condom. But I am not sure about condom break. I had HIV1 RNA test 21 days late. It came negative. So do I need to take another test or can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?  Read Full »

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Homeopathy

Article Overview: Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition, which cannot be cured. To know about homeopathic medicines that give symptomatic relief, read the article. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis? Many people have a misconception that rheumatoid arthritis is the same as osteoarthritis and hence they refer to both as 'arthritis.' But both are different. Osteoarthritis is inflammation of joints, a condition related to old age, which usually occurs after the 50's. ...  Read Article

I was misdiagnosed to have syphilis and had treatment. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. Before a month, I visited a hospital in my hometown for pain on the penis. They conducted VDRL and TPHA test and said that the test came back as weak positive. So, it is the first stage of syphilis. They prescribed me an injection and some tablets for five days. A...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now