Q. HIV1 RNA test is negative. Can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?

I had sex with massage girl a month back with a condom. But I am not sure about condom break. I had HIV1 RNA test 21 days late. It came negative. So do I need to take another test or can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology

Yes, you need to go for fourth generation ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).

For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

When should I go for it? I have seen in a couple of threads that if we got negative in HIV RNA after 11 days, we do not have any HIV as RNA is the early detection of HIV compared to the antibody test. Is it true? Can you explain?

HIV RNA is a specific test, and the sensitivity of the fourth generation is very high. Even higher than HIV RNA so you need to go for fourth generation testing at four weeks. Are you experiencing any symptoms?

Last week, I got cold with a sore throat, and it lasted for four days. I did not have a fever but little bit feverish due to cold. Are these the symptoms?

Which HIV test can be done nine days after possible exposure?

Query: Hello doctor,I did deep kissing like nine days ago with a girl that had HIV. Of course, I knew that after. And while it was dark, I was kissing her body too but because I did not have condom we did not have sex. Is it possible to get HIV by kissing her body or contacts with a body rash or something ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. Kissing is safe as far as the risk of HIV is concerned unless she had oral sores or bleeding gums which may increase the risk. Kissing on the skin is also not a risk. HIV is only transmitted through unprotected sex - either vaginal, anal ...  Read Full

Can soreness in throat and skin redness after sex be due to HIV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old white male, I had protected intercourse vaginal and anal and unprotected oral sex, vaginal and anal exactly 17 days back. Eight days after I had an itch in my throat that practically made the corner of my mouth pucker for a day or two and lost my appetite. Around the...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had protected intercourse and so the chance of HIV is less. The mentioned symptoms are not suggestive of HIV. But still, for peace of the mind, it is advisable to investigate with CMIA combo ELISA test for HIV after six weeks of exposure. Your rashes seem to be a...  Read Full

I have bumps around my vagina, which bleed on having sex. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have these bumps around my vagina. They look like skin tags. They do not itch, but when I have sex, they start bleeding. I hurt them while shaving, and they started bleeding. What could I have? Or could it be some sort of STD?  Read Full >>

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the symptoms you have provided, it is not an STD (sexually transmitted disease). But if you have any doubt, I advise you to take an ELISA test. Most probably, you do not have skin tags, but a collection of vasculatures, as they bleed on any injury. You can get it ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now