Q. HIV1 RNA test is negative. Can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?

I had sex with massage girl a month back with a condom. But I am not sure about condom break. I had HIV1 RNA test 21 days late. It came negative. So do I need to take another test or can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?

#

Yes, you need to go for fourth generation ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).

For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

When should I go for it? I have seen in a couple of threads that if we got negative in HIV RNA after 11 days, we do not have any HIV as RNA is the early detection of HIV compared to the antibody test. Is it true? Can you explain?

#

HIV RNA is a specific test, and the sensitivity of the fourth generation is very high. Even higher than HIV RNA so you need to go for fourth generation testing at four weeks. Are you experiencing any symptoms?

Last week, I got cold with a sore throat, and it lasted for four days. I did not have a fever but little bit feverish due to cold. Are these the symptoms?

#

No, these are not.

|