Q. I have a rash that appears only when I sweat or take a shower. Is it hives?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
Published on Jul 13, 2018

I am a 20 year old male. I have a weird rash on the back. It looks like hives but does not itch or burn at all. It only appears when I sweat or take a shower.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

This is due to urticaria or hives. The mainstay treatment for this is to avoid the triggering factors, like in your case sweating or shower.

I will suggest some medications. Please take them and let me know about the outcome.

1. Tablet Montair LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) twice a day for seven days. It causes drowsiness. So, avoid driving or working on machines.
  2. Tablet Rantac (Ranitidine) 150 mg twice a day for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Follow up after five days.

Revert after five days to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Please suggest treatment for urticarial vasculitis.

Query: Hi doctor, For the past one year, I have been having bouts of urticarial vasculitis with lumps under skin on upper arms which turn to large rusty red areas before bruising yellow and fading away. The rash is transient and moves around the body across thighs, etc. My knees go red and there is a blue ...  Read Full »

Please suggest homeopathy medicine for urticaria.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. Recently, I have been diagnosed with having urticaria (burning, itching sensations throughout the body from head to toe). It started out in an acute way but is turning out to be chronic. It has been more than two and a half months and I am still suffering from it...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my skin itching with welts and hives? How to treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin problem that I first noticed before three years. My skin will itch like crazy and break out into welts and hives. The symptoms will last for a few hours then go away. Some days I experience more than two outbreaks. The itching, bumps, and hives most likely appear after I...  Read Full »