Q. I have a rash that appears only when I sweat or take a shower. Is it hives?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

I am a 20 year old male. I have a weird rash on the back. It looks like hives but does not itch or burn at all. It only appears when I sweat or take a shower.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

This is due to urticaria or hives. The mainstay treatment for this is to avoid the triggering factors, like in your case sweating or shower.

I will suggest some medications. Please take them and let me know about the outcome.

1. Tablet Montair LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) twice a day for seven days. It causes drowsiness. So, avoid driving or working on machines.
  2. Tablet Rantac (Ranitidine) 150 mg twice a day for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Follow up after five days.

Revert after five days to an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|