Q. My 7-year-old son started to have hives after eating creamy dory fish. What is the reason?

Dr. Radela Yvonne Cortes

Hi Doctor Good Evening

I would like to consult you, My son 7 yrs old had fever before 3 days after that Cough with to much phlegm, blocked his nose. We start to give Antibiotics Augmentin , and COFEN 50 Guaifenesin on that day. Yesterday he eat fish Creamy Dory fish and night he started to have hives which was one. Then today, the hives become 5 parts at the back but looks like lessen now. I stopped giving antibiotic. He dont have fever, He eat a lots and with appetite. Please advise on this

#

Welcome to icliniq.

I have seen the pictures that you have sent . Does your son have a history of allergy to antibiotics or other medicines? Does he have food allergy? Is he asthmatic? He is having Acute Urticaria, the common cause is allergy to food, medicine or even infection. How is his cough now? He has no more fever and good appetite so this might just be viral infection. I suggest you buy him over the counter antiallergy like Levocetirizine syrup and give him 5 ml after dinner. If you can’t buy this over the counter, you can give Cetirizine syrup 5 ml twice a day. For his cough, add Montelukast 5 mg 1 tablet after dinner. Give these medicines for 1 week. If his cough and allergy persists and worsens or if his fever recurs, you have to bring him to a doctor in your area. Sorry for the delayed reply on your query. I hope your son gets better soon.

|