Q. Is it possible to have vocal problems due to hemorrhage?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

I am a semi-professional singer and recently, I have been dealing with some vocal problems, I think I had a vocal hemorrhage and it seems to slowly heal, I am really not sure about what it is, so it would mean the world if you could give me your thoughts on it and in how much time it is going to be okay.

#

There are hemorrhagic patches (early stage) in the anterior one third of both the vocal cords but that will heal if you will take adequate voice rest, drink plenty of water, maintain vocal hygiene for a month and take proton pump inhibitors as well. Get repeat laryngoscopy done after a month.

Also, there seems to be a phonatory gap in posterior third of vocal cord but to confirm if the gap is present I need to see video of of laryngoscopy. If you have a video of scoot please send that to me (a picture will not be enough). Even if gap is present it will go with the speech therapy.

Thank you so much. I had a little question about my folds again. Yes, there was a phonatory gap on my folds, I was wondering is that possible that I was able to pull out a clean tone in my singing even though I did have that for years?

#

I can see phonatory gap in the video (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but that is not bothersome. It is very minimal. It will go with minimum sessions of speech therapy. Also, drink plenty of water amd avoid spicy food.

|